Wednesday, February 12, 2014

An Open Letter To President Obama On Health Care Reform And What It Means To My Family

An Open Letter To President Obama On Health Care Reform And What It Means To My Family



Mr. President:
I know that you are a very busy man so I will try to keep my questions about health care reform and the recently passed legislation as short and simple as possible.
- I could ask you why you consider this is a good piece of legislation even though I truly affirm that it will be a oversight and will come very close to bankrupting the country. The basis for my conclusion has wind to do with political nepotism ( in gospel, I have never voted for a Republican for national office in my life. ) From my perspective, " Obama Care " never effectively addressed the root causes of our escalating health care costs: Americans eat too much of the wide kinds of food, they exercise far too little, they are stout, they smoke too much, and they are getting older. This legislation does not label these causes, it just raises taxes and moves money around within the bureaucracy. I could ask you about this but I will not.
- I could ask you why you have not stepped forward and denounced those in your party that have likened Americans consonant myself, i. e. those that have legitimate and honest concerns about this health care reform bill, to the racists who fought against the civil rights movement from the 1960s. I thought that we lived in a free country where masses could freely inscription their elected representatives without being slurred in the most debasing way possible, just for having a different surmise. Your want of ethicalness to oppose those Democrats who frequently use the term " racist " to smear myself and those Americans momentous their honest opposition, cheapens the selflessness and contributions of those from long ago that fought actual racism. I could ask you about this but I will not.
- I could ask you why you felt it required to pass this legislation by the back door called reconciliation. This is a major, major problem in the country that will affect every American for decades to come. Deceitful it in the back door, without using the accustomed, time vigorous technique of passing laws in his country, belittles the approach and makes it double o allying it was forced through without the full weight of the democratic process behind it. I could ask you about this but I will not.
Here is what I will ask you about. But first, some struggle facts:
- Let me reiterate that both my wife and myself have never voted for a Republican for national office in our lives.
- We both spent several decades of our lives working oppressive for AT&T, supplicatory several years ago, secure in our thinking that AT&T ' s promise of health care benefits and coverage for our long years of service was a good risk.
- We both try to eat well, we exercise at our local YMCA on an halfway daily basis, neither of us smoke, and we little drink. In other words, we take personal fault for our health and our health care.
One basis for our personal importance behavior is that we are on a high deductible insurance plan with AT&T. We are each in charge for the first $1, 200 of our annual health care costs before we get any insurance coverage at all. However, for this personal authority, we also pay nobody in annual premiums.
- During the debate leading up to the passage of health care reform, you reiterated more than once that those of us that currently had health care coverage would be able to keep it. However, in a recent article in Fortune magazine, the CEO of AT&T, Randall Stephenson, was interviewed ( several pages of the article are attached ). Towards the end of the holiday, he was explicitly asked whether AT&T would consider dropping health care insurance coverage for its employees and retirees. His response made it shiny that this was a very workable option for two reasons. First, from a business profitability perspective, below the new health care reform law, " you ' re better off paying the government a fine and dropping health care coverage for your employees ", usable AT&Ts bottom line. Second, he talks about " economic seriousness " which appears to be code words for " if others in his industry do it, AT&T will have no choice but to do it also. "
Thus, a few quick questions for you:
1 ) Were you just childlike when you made the comments that we could all keep our current health care insurance, not knowing the simple truth that companies are in business to make money and if this bill makes it easier for them to make more money by not insuring their workforce, that is what they will do? Or were you being disingenuous, knowing that this would happen and deliberately misinforming the country to help get your health care reform bill passed? Innocent or disingenuous, in either case you will be making millions of American voters teary in November and in 2012 when we are forced out of our current health care coverage and will blame you for either childhood or arrogance in this latitude.
2 ) I am 57 years ancient and my wife is 56 years elderly and if Mr. Stephenson does decide to eradicate AT&T ' s health care coverage for employees and retirees, where do you sway that my wife and I get coverage? What insurance company is reaction to want to hoard us up, and millions of other older Americans who strayed their coverage, at our ages even though we are both healthy and taking personal encumbrance for our far-reaching good health?
3 ) If we are forced out onto the market for health care insurance coverage, our new coverage is likely bag to be much more inestimable. Our annual health care costs will go from a maximum of $1, 200 each to a minimum of several thousand dollars each. Is this how you unfolding to reduce health care costs for middle class America? Is so, then you need to reveal the math to me. Maximum of $1, 200 to a minimum of several thousand dollars, does not make standing out here in the real world. How does this reduce the escalating health care costs for the 90 % of Americans that in duration had health care insurance brother to the path of this bill?
Thus, I am not big idea to ask you about why you and the continue of Congress did not label the root causes of high health care costs in your legislating process. I am not spirit to ask why you have sat back and been silent while those Americans with legitimate and honest dissent against this bill have been likened to racists by members of your party. I thought you represented all Americans, not just those that agreed with your policies. I will not ask you about why you did not have the courage and bite to pass this legislation the right way, through the front door coextensive every other piece of legislation, but instead snuck it through the back door of reconciliation.
However, I will ask you or your staff to contact me and break down where and how I can get health care coverage at my age if AT&T and the rest of corporate America decides it is a better economic choice to pay a government fine than to cover their employees and retirees with health insurance. I will ask you to elucidate whether you were innocent or disingenuous when explaining that we would be able to keep our current health insurance coverage. And climactically, please expound how paying no more than $1, 200 a year unbefitting my current coverage ( with many years paying diddly for coverage during healthy years ) is a better deal then adjudicature new coverage at my age and paying several thousand dollars a year for the privilege.
Although I have written to the Pure Apartment many times, I have never acknowledged any answer to my questions on a wide variety of topics even though you promised to have the most open and responsive administration of all time. That has not happened yet. However, in this case I do wish, in actuality I demand specific answers to my three questions senior. For your political benefit I optimism to receive those answers before early November and certainly before 2012.
Thank you for your time,
Walter " Bruno " Korschek
[Follow up note: a month after sending this to the Hoary Homestead, no answers to the questions have been acknowledged or even a simple check that this letter was down pat has been ultimate from the Obama adminstration. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment